Optimising natural light in buildings helps provide a better experience for all of us. 3M Daylight Redirecting Film is a simple, effective daylighting solution which comfortably brings natural light deeper into buildings.
With abundant natural light, buildings have been shown to:
• Increase employee productivity
• Boost retail sales
• Improve student test scores
• Decrease rates of absenteeism
• Improve patient recovery times
• Reduce energy costs
Naturally brighten your day
3M Daylight Redirecting Film is designed to move excess light close to the window and redirect it deeper into the building to increase the daylighting
penetration. Bringing natural light deeper into the building helps provide the many benefits of natural light for more occupants as well as helping
reduce the need for artificial lighting which can save energy.
In addition, 3M Daylight Redirecting Film:
• Reduces glare and discomfort caused by direct sunlight on occupants
• Redirects natural light as much as 40 ft. or more into the building
• Extends daylight zone up to 8 ft. into the interior for every 1 ft. of treated window
• Can provide up to 52% lighting energy savings compared to baseline usage
• Can provide savings of up to 1.5 kwh/sq.ft. of floor area
Simple, effective, daylighting solution
Compared to existing light reflecting strategies, 3M Daylight Redirecting Film is easily integrated into new or existing windows. It requires no extra
hardware or infrastructure, and little to no additional maintenance or special cleaning. It works at all times of the day, even when the sun is at
a low angle. Plus, it’s more cost effective than many existing daylighting solutions.
How it Works
3M Daylight Redirecting Film is installed in the upper portion of the window. Daylight is redirected upwards towards the ceiling allowing natural light to comfortably penetrate deeper into the building.
Made of micro-structured prisms, the film optically redirects over 80% of the daylight upward and diffuses light to be more evenly distributed.