Our solar window film products help you stay cool.
- Reduce solar heat gain and glare
- Insulating Low-E films to reduce winter heat loss
- Provide privacy
- Ideal for a glass roof instead of blinds
- Save energy and reduce carbon footprint
- Reduce UV radiation
- Reduce sun damage to fabrics & artwork
- Safety film makes glass shatter-proof
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it expensive?
- Solar Film - in a commercial context, it can pay for itself in as little as three years, based on energy savings on heating & cooling systems.
- Safety Film - much less expensive than glass replacement, prevents damage to people, IT equipment/display stock, and prevents legal liabilities from injury caused by shattered glass.
- Privacy Film - significantly less expensive than sandblasting, and can be removed/replaced.
- UV Film - restoration from sun damage will be much more expensive; some objects are priceless.
What can window film do?
- make glass shatter-proof
- reflect the sun's heat
- reduce winter heat loss
- reduce glare
- reduce fading and rotting of fabrics
- provide frosted or one-way privacy
- reduce energy costs and carbon emissions
- provide a decorative effect
What is window film?
An off-shoot of interstellar travel over 30 years ago, it's essentially a polyester sheet, with an adhesive backing which bonds to glass. Sun-X has been applying window film since its inception, and even treating windows prior to this.
Will it have bubbles and creases?
No, not when professionally installed by Sun-X trained and highly experienced personnel. The clearer variety of films will even be invisible to the human eye.
Will it make the room dark of the windows mirrored?
Not necessarily. While dark reflective films will provide maximum heat reduction, there are now available some extremely effective 'clear' non-reflective solar films, making them ideal for listed buildings, or where high light levels are required.
We were delighted with the work that Sun-X carried out at Blenheim Palace. The professionalism and attention to detail that workman showed was only matched by the care and consideration that they took of the property. It was a genuine pleasure to have Sun-X working for us.
Can I say on behalf of the director and all of the museum staff how pleased and impressed we were with the way in which you and your team worked so quietly, quickly and efficiently in admittedly difficult conditions! We really are grateful.
Can I please say how impressed we were by your company's rapid response in meeting our requirements for the installation of over 300m2 of Bomb Blast Security Window Film at HMS Collingwood, Fareham, Hampshire. The flexibility and expedience in delivering both a competitive price and a total quality service from job specification to completion is a credit to your service.
The blinds are wonderful. Many thanks James for all your help and also the timely manner in which they have been made and fitted - excellent and we shall certainly recommending you.
Victoria and David
Can't find what you're looking for?
We'll find you the
Please let us know the details of your problem and we'll be in touch with our recommendation.