MT90 Completely Clear UV Film
UEA Sainsbury Building
- Regularly tested to museum standards
- Does not alter the external appearance of the building in any way
- Does not affect visual clarity through the glass
- Protected by a patented scratch-resistant coating
- Full five year manufacturers warranty
- Exclusively available only from Sun-X (UK)
Sun-X MT90 Clear Ultraviolet Filter protects the nation's heritage in Museums, Art Galleries, Royal Palaces, National Trust and English Heritage properties as well as many privately owned Historic Houses throughout the UK and abroad.
Installation by our own trained personnel is a simple, non-disruptive process where the film is usually applied to the internal surface of existing window glass. It is virtually indetectable, does not alter the appearance of the building in any way or interfere with visibility. Warranteed for a full five years and, dependant upon factors such as location, exposure, atmospheric conditions, cleaning regime etc, it has a life expectancy of between 8 to 15 years.
- UV filtration 99.9%
- UV content 10µW/lumen
- Visible light transmission 85%
- Visible light reflection 8%
- Transmission relative to 550nm :
- 400nm = 25.5%*
- 380nm = 0%*
- 320nm = 0%*
*Filter exceeds requirements of Thomson specification as required.
If you're interested in this product then please give us a call or fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
UEA Sainsbury Building
Many thanks for installing the sunscreen blinds, everyone is delighted with the effect!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it expensive?
- Solar Film - in a commercial context, it can pay for itself in as little as three years, based on energy savings on heating & cooling systems.
- Safety Film - much less expensive than glass replacement, prevents damage to people, IT equipment/display stock, and prevents legal liabilities from injury caused by shattered glass.
- Privacy Film - significantly less expensive than sandblasting, and can be removed/replaced.
- UV Film - restoration from sun damage will be much more expensive; some objects are priceless.
What can window film do?
- make glass shatter-proof
- reflect the sun's heat
- reduce winter heat loss
- reduce glare
- reduce fading and rotting of fabrics
- provide frosted or one-way privacy
- reduce energy costs and carbon emissions
- provide a decorative effect
What is window film?
An off-shoot of interstellar travel over 30 years ago, it's essentially a polyester sheet, with an adhesive backing which bonds to glass. Sun-X has been applying window film since its inception, and even treating windows prior to this.
Will it have bubbles and creases?
No, not when professionally installed by Sun-X trained and highly experienced personnel. The clearer variety of films will even be invisible to the human eye.
Will it make the room dark of the windows mirrored?
Not necessarily. While dark reflective films will provide maximum heat reduction, there are now available some extremely effective 'clear' non-reflective solar films, making them ideal for listed buildings, or where high light levels are required.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We'll find you the
Please let us know the details of your problem and we'll be in touch with our recommendation.