MT20 Dark Neutral UV Window Film
Twickenham Rugby Stadium
- Museum-grade Ultraviolet filter
- Exclusively installed by Sun-X
- Suitable for both internal and external use.
- Reduces lux levels by 76%
- Virtually eliminates UV radiation
- Reduce Solar Heat Gain by 61%
Sun-X MT20 has been applied extensively to both internal and external glazing in many of the major museums and art galleries throughout the UK and abroad.
While it is accepted that exhibits are best displayed in natural daylight, the potential for fading and surface degradation provides enormous problems for conservationists. Consultations with leading lighting experts and conservation scientists to determine their requirements to reduce the damaging effects of daylight revealed the ideal answer to be a multipurpose window film which would combine the elimination of ultraviolet radiation to exceed acceptable limits and the reduction of lux levels by 76% without significantly altering the quality of the transmitted light.
Sun-X met the challenge and commissioned the production of a dark, neutral density ultraviolet filter which exceed these criteria. The addition of an external weatherable coating provides the facility for extended life when applied externally.
Ideal for skylights and the glazing of suspended ceilings, Sun-X MT20 Dark Neutral Ultraviolet filter has been applied to both internal and external glazing in many of the major museums and art galleries throughout the UK and abroad.
- Visible light transmission - 24%
- Visible light reflection - 30%
- Ultraviolet transmission - <0.1%
- Total solar energy rejected - 65%
- Glare Reduction - 72%
- UV content = 10 µW/lumen
- Normalised transmittance at 320nm = 0.0%
- Normalised transmittance at 380nm = 0.1%
- Normalised transmittance at 400nm = 11%
- Correlated Colour Temperature = 6377 Kelvin
- Colour Rendition >= 99
If you're interested in this product then please give us a call or fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
Twickenham Rugby Stadium
Many thanks for installing the sunscreen blinds, everyone is delighted with the effect!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it expensive?
- Solar Film - in a commercial context, it can pay for itself in as little as three years, based on energy savings on heating & cooling systems.
- Safety Film - much less expensive than glass replacement, prevents damage to people, IT equipment/display stock, and prevents legal liabilities from injury caused by shattered glass.
- Privacy Film - significantly less expensive than sandblasting, and can be removed/replaced.
- UV Film - restoration from sun damage will be much more expensive; some objects are priceless.
What can window film do?
- make glass shatter-proof
- reflect the sun's heat
- reduce winter heat loss
- reduce glare
- reduce fading and rotting of fabrics
- provide frosted or one-way privacy
- reduce energy costs and carbon emissions
- provide a decorative effect
What is window film?
An off-shoot of interstellar travel over 30 years ago, it's essentially a polyester sheet, with an adhesive backing which bonds to glass. Sun-X has been applying window film since its inception, and even treating windows prior to this.
Will it have bubbles and creases?
No, not when professionally installed by Sun-X trained and highly experienced personnel. The clearer variety of films will even be invisible to the human eye.
Will it make the room dark of the windows mirrored?
Not necessarily. While dark reflective films will provide maximum heat reduction, there are now available some extremely effective 'clear' non-reflective solar films, making them ideal for listed buildings, or where high light levels are required.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We'll find you the
Please let us know the details of your problem and we'll be in touch with our recommendation.