Guy's Hospital, bespoke design
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Avoid human impact
- Reproduce corporate logos
Where large panes of clear glass are at risk from people walking into them, Regulation 14 of the Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992, stipulates that such panes must be made apparent. Manifestation can take the form of broken or solid lines with permanently applied, durable materials. Company logos or other patterns can also be used, but all manifestation must be of sufficient size and regularity to make it immediately obvious. It must also be installed at both waist and shoulder heights to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
Computerised cutting and digital printing enable opaque or frosted films to include corporate branding. The traditional method of sandblasting or acid-etching is costly, disruptive, permanent, and difficult to clean. Decorative film can be easily removed & replaced should a corporate identity change, or an office layout be re-modelled.
If you're interested in this product then please give us a call or fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
Guy's Hospital, bespoke design
The solar film has made a real difference in keeping the office cooler, and people passing the office see the printed blind & come in to see us!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it expensive?
- Solar Film - in a commercial context, it can pay for itself in as little as three years, based on energy savings on heating & cooling systems.
- Safety Film - much less expensive than glass replacement, prevents damage to people, IT equipment/display stock, and prevents legal liabilities from injury caused by shattered glass.
- Privacy Film - significantly less expensive than sandblasting, and can be removed/replaced.
- UV Film - restoration from sun damage will be much more expensive; some objects are priceless.
What can window film do?
- make glass shatter-proof
- reflect the sun's heat
- reduce winter heat loss
- reduce glare
- reduce fading and rotting of fabrics
- provide frosted or one-way privacy
- reduce energy costs and carbon emissions
- provide a decorative effect
What is window film?
An off-shoot of interstellar travel over 30 years ago, it's essentially a polyester sheet, with an adhesive backing which bonds to glass. Sun-X has been applying window film since its inception, and even treating windows prior to this.
Will it have bubbles and creases?
No, not when professionally installed by Sun-X trained and highly experienced personnel. The clearer variety of films will even be invisible to the human eye.
Will it make the room dark of the windows mirrored?
Not necessarily. While dark reflective films will provide maximum heat reduction, there are now available some extremely effective 'clear' non-reflective solar films, making them ideal for listed buildings, or where high light levels are required.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We'll find you the
Please let us know the details of your problem and we'll be in touch with our recommendation.